Excellence in experiential learning, transformational community outreach, and research for sustainable environments and cultures of peace
To cultivate positive ethics, values and practices towards the environment by training stewards who foster peace, promote holistic sustainable development, and link theory with practice.
Our Core Values
- Respect for and conservation of the environment
- Good governance and Integrity
- Respect for Diversity
- Merit & Excellence
- Transparency & Accountability
DOCTORAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS;
1. The common regulations for the Doctor of Philosophy degree at the University of Nairobi shall apply. 2. In addition, the applicant must be a holder of (i) At least a Master of Science degree in environmental sciences, biological sciences, social sciences, peace-related disciplines or equivalent qualification from an institution recognized by the senate (ii) Any other qualifications acceptable to the University of Nairobi senate as equivalent to the Masters degrees in relevant fields.
MASTERS ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS;
1. The common regulations governing Master of Science degrees in the University of Nairobi shall apply. In addition, the applicant with the following minimum qualification shall be admissible: (i) Holder of Bachelor’s degree of the University of Nairobi or equivalent institution recognized by Senate (ii) Holder of bachelor’s degree with at least Lower Second Class Honours of the University of Nairobi or equivalent institution recognized by Senate with at least two years of relevant experience in environment-related field (iii) Holder of bachelor’s degree pass of the University of Nairobi or equivalent institution recognized by Senate plus postgraduate diploma or at least five years of work experience in environment-related field.